Re: Upgrading from Oracle 6 to 7 errors

From: oracle <oracle_at_nightmare.com>
Date: 1997/03/01

------------60A37A8F52557

Geoff Ernest wrote:

> We are experiencing problems upgrading our system from version 6 to
> version 7.2.3
>
> Our operating system is Soraris 2.5 on a Sun Sparc1000 server.  Our
> application is:
>
> We are hanging  when running runmenu  executing a SQL*reportwriter
> but when running  the menu  in SQL*menu 5.0 .
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions?  Oracle support says is an
> application problem and not with their database.
>
> Please email me if you have any thoughts..
>
> Thanks.
>
> Geoff

This is a known bug. Call support and tell them you think you are hitting bug 353809. Also you can verify this for sure by setting TWO_TASK to p: or using t: for tcp/ip connections. The bug has to do with sqlnet V2 connections hanging when you issue a host command from runmenu or runform. If it works after setting TWO_TASK to p: you can be sure you are hitting this bug. Even bequeath connections hang so if TWO_TASK is not used it will hang as well.

It does not hang with sqlmenu50 but does with runmenu50, this sounds like 353809.

------------60A37A8F52557

<HTML><BODY>

<DT>Geoff Ernest wrote:<BR>
&gt;&nbsp;<BR>
&gt; We are experiencing problems upgrading our system from version 6 to<BR>
&gt; version 7.2.3<BR>
&gt;&nbsp;<BR>
&gt; Our operating system is Soraris 2.5 on a Sun Sparc1000 server.&nbsp;
Our<BR>
&gt; application is:<BR>
&gt;&nbsp;<BR>
&gt; We are hanging&nbsp; when running runmenu&nbsp; executing a SQL*reportwriter<BR>
&gt; but when running&nbsp; the menu&nbsp; in SQL*menu 5.0 .<BR>
&gt;&nbsp;<BR>
&gt; Does anyone have any suggestions?&nbsp; Oracle support says is an<BR>
&gt; application problem and not with their database.<BR>
&gt;&nbsp;<BR>
&gt; Please email me if you have any thoughts..<BR>
&gt;&nbsp;<BR>
&gt; Thanks.<BR>
&gt;&nbsp;<BR>
&gt; Geoff<BR>

<BR></DT>

<DT>This is a known bug.&nbsp; Call support and tell them you think you are hitting bug 353809.&nbsp; Also you can verify this for sure by setting TWO_TASK to p: or using t: for tcp/ip connections.&nbsp; The bug has to do with sqlnet V2 connections hanging when you issue a host command from runmenu or runform.&nbsp; If it works after setting TWO_TASK to p: you can be sure you are hitting this bug.&nbsp; Even bequeath connections hang so if TWO_TASK is not used it will hang as well.</DT>

<DT>&nbsp;</DT>

<DT>It does not hang with sqlmenu50 but does with runmenu50, this sounds like 353809.</DT>

<DT>&nbsp;</DT>

<DT>&nbsp;</DT>

</BODY>
</HTML>