Re: PowerBuilder 5.0 & VB 4.0 LAB EVALUATION for $295 (http://www.strategicfocus.com)

From: Michael D. Kersey <mdkersey_at_hal-pc.org>
Date: 1997/03/01

Jay Prakash wrote:

> This posting is just to inform you guys that we have a special promotion
> underway till March 31st, 1997. We are giving away two C/S tool
> evaluation reports --- PowerBuilder 5.0 and Visual Basic 4.0 for the
> low, low price of only $295 per report. This represents a savings of
> 70% over our regular price of $995 per evaluation. For your
> convenience, we now take VISA and MasterCard and you can order the
> reports on-line.

Wow! What a deal! 70% off!

Here's my counter-offer for 100% off! (Competition is really fierce these days):(
Totally free advice:
If it's a database application you'd better use PowerBuilder or you'll be looking for a new job in 7 months, having wasted all that time and having nothing to show for it. If it's web-based, better use something like Sybase SQL Anywhere Professional or PowerBuilder's Internet Developer.

Only if it's file-based and uses sl'Ole or Active(s)X, might you consider using Delphi or VB.

There now! Good advice and you didn't have to pay the price of a development package to learn what you already know!

> Tool evaluations are conducted by professional software developers
> who build the same Order Entry application with each tool. Although
> they have spent over 30 man-days evaluating each tool, you pay only
> $295 for the complete 80 page report with ratings data-- a cost that is
> less than the price of a couple of hours of consulting.
>
> We have evaluated several other tools including Visual Age 3.0
> (smalltalk), Dynasty 2.0, Oracle Developer 2000, Oracle Power Objects,
> etc. We also have promotions underway on our Internet and Client/Server
> maket research studies. Check out our web site for additional details
> if you have not already done so. Our address is
> http://www.strategicfocus.com.
>
> You can also download (1) a free sample tool evaluation; (2) summary
> results of our Internet & C/S market surveys and (3) our marketing
> brochure.
>
> If you have any questions please call me personally at 408-942-1500
> or send me an e-mail. We hope you will take advantage of this offer.
>
> Regards,
> Jay Prakash
> Strategic Focus, Inc.
> 500E. Calaveras Blvd., #321
> Milpitas, CA 95035
> Ph: 408-942-1500

Isn't there a saying for this?
for the PowerBuilder newsgroup: "Carrying coals to Newcastle." or
for the Visual Basic newsgroup: "Casting pearls to swine." Y'all help me with this!

Good Luck,
Michael D. Kersey Received on Sat Mar 01 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message