Re: PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

From: L120bj <l120bj_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/02/23

The problem is that the user you are logged into the database as does not have the 'create user' privilege.
If you login to the database as the system user (the password is set to be manager when a database is initially created) then you can either i) create the new user or
ii) grant create user to <user>;

    where <user> is the user you were logged in as when you got the ORA-01031 message.
  Any problems just mail me

     Rob

Subject: PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
From: Ikenna Aniagoh <IkeAniagoh_at_worldnet.att.net> Date: Fri, 21 Feb 1997 19:24:49 -0500

Netter:

Please help me with this problem

I have just bought A book "Oracle How To"; I was reading chapter 2 and it is asking to use the command "create new account" for another User. I keep getting the error ORA-01031. I am using the 90 day trial version of Personal Oracle7. Could it be that my problem is that you cannot create a new user in this version of Oracle.

I thank you very much for replying.

Ikenna
Miami, Florida Received on Sun Feb 23 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message