Re: Oracle TNS:12500 listener failed to start a dedicated server process

From: Jacob Steen Due <jcd_at_ramboll.dk>
Date: 1997/02/24

Forrest Gump wrote:

> You're getting the 12500 for the Solaris. On unix, 95% of the time a 12500
> is a linking issue. in the $O_H/bin directory, type 'adapters tnslsnr' you
> sould see BEQ,IPC,TCP/IP. If you do not, then relink the network.mk file
> (or ins_network.mk file) in the /network/lib directory. Do the same thing
> for the oracle executable.

We ran into the above because the UNIX kernel on our HP/UX could not spawn
another process - this was a kernel parameter, and a new kernel solved the
problem.

Best of luck

Jacob

Jacob Steen Due						   email: jcd_at_ramboll.dk
Oracle DBA and application developer                         web:
www.ramboll.dk
RAMBOLL
Teknikerbyen 19
DK-2830 Denmark Received on Mon Feb 24 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message