SNMP

From: Narasimha Kasibhatla <Narasimha.Kasibhatla_at_daytonoh.ncr.com>
Date: 1997/02/18

Hello:

I need to know if there is a way to use the SNMP feature in Oracle 7.3 to execute server side
executables.
What I need to do is to run a Pro*C code on the UNIX box to copy Blobs into the database. I want to be able to make calls to this from the client/or stored procedures (prefer the latter). I have a system in place where I use the usual DBMS_PIPES stuff. I want to know if I can get away from using my own daemon process and use Oracle's SNMP daemon instead. I want to use the SNMP daemon to run executables from stored procedures. Is this possible? If not has any one used the SNMP daemon to run stuff from the client? Any help in this matter is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Narasimha

--
Narasimha Kasibhatla (KN)
email: narasimha.kasibhatla_at_daytonoh.ncr.com