Re: SNMP

From: C. Mayol <cmayol_at_erols.com>
Date: 1997/02/24

Narasimha Kasibhatla wrote:

> Hello:
>
> I need to know if there is a way to use the SNMP feature in Oracle 7.3 to
> execute server side
> executables.
> What I need to do is to run a Pro*C code on the UNIX box to copy Blobs into
> the database. I want to be able to make calls to this from the client/or
> stored procedures (prefer the latter). I have a system in place where I use
> the usual DBMS_PIPES stuff. I want to know if I can get away from using my
> own daemon process and use Oracle's SNMP daemon instead. I want to use the
> SNMP daemon to run executables from stored procedures. Is this possible? If
> not has any one used the SNMP daemon to run stuff from the client? Any
> help in this matter is greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Narasimha
> --
> Narasimha Kasibhatla (KN)
> email: narasimha.kasibhatla_at_daytonoh.ncr.com

Hello Narasimha,

We have set up a number of Pro*C jobs that are scheduled to run on the server side via Oracle's Enterprise Manager. It schedules jobs though the agent in a similar manner to what you would be attempting to do. So, although this isn't exactly what you had in mind, I wanted to communicate this to you since nobody else had offered their insight.

If I can be of further assistance, please let me know.

Chris Mayol
Fairfax Solutions Corp
Fairfax, Va. 22030-5708
cmayol_at_erols.com Received on Mon Feb 24 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message