Re: MSAccess to update Oracle database ???

From: Jennifer Bragg <wasjtb_at_dames.com>
Date: 1997/02/11

Anthony Smith wrote:

> I might be missing the point but.....
> If you have ORACLE and want to manipulate it from Access then install
> the ODBC drivers for ORACLE on your Access PC and directly change the
> data in ORACLE (use File Attach table). You will not have very much
> luck attempting to read the .mdb from Unix even though it is physically
> available via SMB. You would need to install the SQL*Net and the
> ODBC set obviously and ORACLE must be expecting a call from you TCP/IP
> wise. Hope this helps. If not post more.
> --
> Anthony Smith
> Rex Software Limited
> +44-1703-629429

[Quoted] What version of Access and Oracle are you using?

[Quoted] [Quoted] We have just upgraded to Windows95, Oracle7.3 and Access 7.0. We can no longer link to or import Oracle tables from Access(which we could do in Windows 3.x, Access 2.0, and Oracle 7.1). We can see the tables but are unable to link to them.

We can link to the Oracle tables through Excel and a third party package using the same ODBC drivers.

Any ideas would be welcome. Received on Tue Feb 11 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message