Re: D2K .pll program units - spontaneous uncompilation

From: Steve Cosner <stevec_at_zimmer.csufresno.edu>
Date: 1997/02/11

In article <eberts-0702970805090001_at_eberts.uoregon.edu>, sonny hays-eberts <eberts_at_oregon.uoregon.edu> wrote:

>we have a .pll residing on a NT server. when the DBA compiles the .pll and
>places the library in on the server, everything is compiled. yet, just a
>few minutes later when i open it in my mac, the program units are flagged
>as uncompiled.
>why does it reset, and what can we do to prevent it from occcuring?
>currently i have to copy it to my local machine, recompile all and
>use that. i'd rather be able to use the centrally located version.

I may be wrong, but I think .pll libraries for a Windows system are not compatible with Mac. Since a pll library is similar to a form--it runs on the client--this is true for both forms and pll libraries. I think you need a Mac version AND a Windows version.

Try generating your Mac version and placing it on the NT server, and accessing it instead of the PC version.

Steve Cosner Received on Tue Feb 11 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message