Re: GPFs , Windows95 and Forms 4.5 runtime .

From: DStangland <dstangland_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/01/22

I've had pretty good success with the 16 bit Forms 4.5.7.1.2 on Windows 95 and 3.1 without any GPF's (so far). You may want to try this; there is a CHKCONS=YES option available when running f45gen. This option fixes internal inconsistancies within a FMB file. You need to run this from the command line (it is not an option on the generator). Once it is run, you then need to generate the file again.

  c:\orawin\binf45gen module=foo userid=user/password chkcons=yes

Supposedly, this helps with GPF's in the designer, I'd imagine it might help at runtime as well. This info came from Note 40644.1 from oracle support "Recovering Corrupted Forms".

One last note; call Oracle support with all the GPF information. I've had pretty good luck with them tracking down GPF problems.

Good luck.

David Stangland
Votec Corp. Received on Wed Jan 22 1997 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message