Re: Oracle Power Objects V2.0

From: Rick Greenwald <greenie_at_interaccess.com>
Date: 1997/01/04

You should check out www.inquiry.com. They have a section of 'Pros' who give tips and techniques. There's about 45 there for OPO now, and another 10 - 15 more are on the way. You can also post messages in an OPO forum or submit a question to the OPO Pro. He does his best to answer them all.

> Bob Gill wrote:
> >
> > I'd like to know if anyone who has been developing
> > with OPO V2.0 knows how to use the same
> > Menubar & Toolbar within an application when
> > different forms are activated. Somehow,
> > the Menubar with just 'Windows' item is always
> > displayed before being replaced by the required
> > one, thru' the use of
> > <formname>.SetMenuBar(menubar) in the
> > InitializeWindow() method. Is this the
> > standard behaviour or is there an elegant way of
> > achieving this?

There's a chapter in the forthcoming book 'Mastering Oracle Power Objects' on using menus and toolbars, which includes a discussion, I believe, on creating global menus. [My co-author wrote that one.] You can find out more about the book at the O'Reilly and Associates web site, http://www.ora.com.

It is due out in late February or March, and it is the first advanced book on OPO. Much more intricate stuff than the Oracle Power Objects Developer's Guide.

  • Rick Greenwald Author of 'Mastering Oracle Power Objects' and the 'Oracle Power Objects Developer's Guide'