Re: Oracle Power Objects V2.0

From: Webmestre Orisoft <Webmestre_at_orisoft.com>
Date: 1997/01/03

[Quoted] Hi Bill,

Me too, I've been using it for about a month. I also ran into several problems or non-user-friendliness stuff. And it's very hard to get help. Some of the problems I've had include:
-When I preview a program in design mode, it freezes about 1 out every 5 times.

-I had to do a demo to our customers, and the .EXE I created froze 3 times in 2 hours. It was a little embarrassing.

-If I try to run a report and it doesn't return any data, the whole OPO program freezes. I have to do a CTRL-ALT-DELETE to end the task.

-I can't use a variable in the Default Condition property. I think that's pretty stupid if that's the case. i.e. I can't use a global variable and put it in the Default Condition property.

[Quoted] And OPO help is not widely available on the 'Net. If I could gather enough information, I'd like to create a web page of Tricks and Traps. But, I can't find enough information to make it worthwhile.

If you have ideas, or suggestions, e-mail me.

Sam Fortin
SFortin_at_orisoft.com
http://www.orisoft.com/
http://www.softodyssey.com/