Re: Power Objects V2.0

From: Rick Morley <rick.morley_at_morley-data.com>
Date: 1996/12/26

Happy Holidays To One And All-

Hi Tomas-
[Quoted]  your the guy with the other copy OPO! :))

Actually, I am new to OPO - coming from FoxPro - and I am having a bit of trouble with optimizing OPO so the data entry screens will not take so long [Quoted] to refresh. My test dbf has under 10 tables and 100 records and it takes about 3 seconds on a Pentium to refresh the data entry screen which has about 8 derived value fields of which 3 are SQL lookup strings and the others are math calculations. How does your 40 tables do as far as processing derived values when flipping through the record set? Do you go so far as to write denormalized code to speed things up? Also, are you running your forms across an intranet or just a LAN? Thanks for any input. Rick

--
< From the desktop of- Rick Morley >
< Win + Mac database developement, ph.(609)3902221 >

Tomas Gardson <tomas.gardson_at_mbox200.swipnet.se> wrote in article