Re: Power Objects V2.0

From: Mike Kranzdorf <mikek_at_krt.com>
Date: 1996/12/27

> to refresh. My test dbf has under 10 tables and 100 records and it takes
> about 3 seconds on a Pentium to refresh the data entry screen which has
> about 8 derived value fields of which 3 are SQL lookup strings and the
> others are math calculations. How does your 40 tables do as far as
> processing derived values when flipping through the record set? Do you go
> so far as to write denormalized code to speed things up? Also,

[Quoted] Are you using SQLLOOKUP()? It's really slow as you can see. Avoid it if you can, and that should speed things up. Maybe you can do a decode in the [Quoted] datasource property or use a master-detail, both are faster.

Mike Kranzdorf              mikek_at_krt.com
Kranzco Realty Trust        http://www.krt.com
Oracle Power Objects FAQ http://www.krt.com/mac/opofaq.html Received on Fri Dec 27 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message