Re: PL/SQL code vanish from triggers!!

From: Walter Zimmer <wzimmer_at_atair.rz.uni-ulm.de>
Date: 1996/12/12

Raymond G Boyd (raymondb_at_global.net.au) wrote:
: I have had the same sort of problems with code in triggers disappearing.
: However, when it has happened to me Oracle gave me an error message when
: generating, stating something like
: Program Unit 32 Exists - Continue with creation ? Y/N
I also noticed this behaviour and the only conclusion I drew:

Use Oracle as you used Word 2.0: SAVE OFTEN and make backups !

I use the 'save when generate' option and when I feel I implemented a major feature I make a backup copy in my 'oldversions' directory so I have access to all the old triggers I cant reproduce anymore.

Hey Oracle, wouldn't that be something to work on ???

Walter Zimmer

walter.zimmer_at_rz.uni-ulm.de
Forms 4.5 developer Received on Thu Dec 12 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message