Re: DBA tools for ORACLE

From: Adam Soudure <asoudure_at_poyntons.com.au>
Date: 1996/12/05

> Anand Ramamurthy <anand_at_infogain.com> wrote:

> >Does anyone have a list of Third Party ORACLE DBA tools available? I
> >know it is a big list. I am finding it difficult to wade through the big
> >list that comes out of web search.

Whilst not a third party tool, Oracle's Enterprise Manager is a pretty good DBA util. It allows you to do basically everything that sqldba/svrmgr does, but with a GUI interface. It also allows you to remotely administer more than one DB at a time...

Dunno if that was relevant to you or not.

Cheers

Adam

Adam Soudure                              Hartley Poynton Ltd
Senior Systems Administrator                 Allendale Square
Phone: 09 268 3669                             St Georges Tce
Email: asoudure_at_poyntons.com.au         Perth, West Australia