Re: DBA tools for ORACLE

From: Patty <pperry_at_inforel.com>
Date: 1996/12/02

N Prabhakar wrote:

> Anand Ramamurthy <anand_at_infogain.com> wrote:
> >Does anyone have a list of Third Party ORACLE DBA tools available? I
> >know it is a big list. I am finding it difficult to wade through the big
> >list that comes out of web search.
> >
> >I appreciate your help.
> >
> >Thank you,
> >
> >Anand Ramamurthy
> >anand_at_infogain.com
>
> Hi there,
>
> Here are some of them
>
> ECOTOOLS - Compuware
> DBVISION
> TS-REORG - Platinum
>
> Regards
>
> N.Prabhakar

Here are some more

Adhawk Monitor
Adhawk Spacer
Adhawk SQL Studio
SQL Lab
All are available from Eventus Software http://www.eventus.com

Another one:
Patrol (expensive like ECOTOOLS but good). From BMC software in Houston TX.

What exactly are you looking for? Some of the tools mentioned above (eg: ECOTOOLS and PATROL are event management tools for your entire enterprize - different types of Databases, the Network, Systems, Applications). I think both of these require a UNIX box as the console... don't think they've ported to PCs yet. These two are pretty pricey but are good for telling you that something somewhere is wrong. Alot of times, there isn't enough detail (eg: down to the user level or query level) to tell you exactly how to fix the problems.

The tools from Eventus all run on PCs and use SQL net to hit against any oracle DB. These tools are less expensive and are specific to Oracle and go into alot of detail on Oracle tuning, space mgt, etc. It all depends what you are looking for and how much cash you want to spend.

You might want to look in the Oracle BAP (Business Alliance Program) catalog for more ideas.
Hope this helps!
Patty Received on Mon Dec 02 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message