Re: Two Forms4.5 questions

From: Loyal Barber <lbarber_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1996/12/03

Jens Lechtenboerger wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I have two questions concerning Forms 4.5:
>
> 1. I am using a block consisting of database items, all of them having default
> values. How do i force Forms to insert the resulting record when an operator
> presses a commit-button without first changing an item?
> Right now Forms raises the message "No changes to commit".

Trap the message in the form level on-message trigger. This is never a useful
message so we always use something like DECLARE    l_message_code NUMBER := MESSAGE_CODE;

BEGIN    IF (error_code = 40401) THEN

      NULL;
   ELSIF . . .
END;
> 2. I am using lost of LOVs and I am in doubt if each of them opens a cursor
> without closing it later. After showing about 15 LOVs or so, the maximum number
> of open cursors is reached and subsequent actions raise an error message.
> Is there a possibility to examine how many cursors are opened at a time?
> Can I force Forms to close the cursors?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jens

The only realistic way to solve this is to up open_cursors to something like 100 or 200.
I have seen it take 200 with a forms 4.0 app.

Loyal

--
New Sears Driving School Jingle:
Come See the Scary Side of Sears . . .