Re: Two Forms4.5 questions

From: Steve Cosner <stevec_at_zimmer.csufresno.edu>
Date: 1996/12/03

In article <580nv4$g0r_at_news.Informatik.Uni-Oldenburg.DE>, Jens Lechtenboerger <Jens.Lechtenboerger_at_Informatik.Uni-Oldenburg.DE> wrote: <snip>
>> >2. I am using lots of LOVs and I am in doubt if each of them opens a cursor
>> >without closing it later. After showing about 15 LOVs or so, the
>> >maximum number
>> >of open cursors is reached and subsequent actions raise an error message.
>> >Is there a possibility to examine how many cursors are opened at a time?
>> >Can I force Forms to close the cursors?
>

>Wether or not I set this property doesn't matter. My problem still remains.
>Any further hints would be pretty nice,

Set the number of max open cursors higher. 15 LOVs should not be a problem. When you run your form under debug, it will tell you how many cursors are open when you exit the form.

Also, be sure you are using explicit cursors (Open... Fetch... Close) within your form instead of select... to get any values your form needs for processing. The select method leaves a cursor open.

Steve Cosner Received on Tue Dec 03 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message