Re: Forms 4.5 /OLE container

From: Michael Taylor <mtaylor_at_ptdprolog.net>
Date: 1996/11/26

We have the same environment, same need and similar problems! [Quoted] I believe that if you look in the REGEDIT program you'll see that Wordperfect implements OLE with DDE commands.

[Quoted] We have calls into Corel and Oracle on this with the predictable finger-pointing going on. In cases where we embed the object in a form, it usually comes up in wordperfect with two system menus and double maximize/minimize buttons. It looks very strange!

[Quoted] As a linked object (our preference) Wordperfect gets initiated but comes up empty!

[Quoted] I suspect Word would work alot cleaner but that's not yet an option at our site.

[Quoted] Double-clicking SHOULD bring up word-perfect and show the file in it. I'm assuming you're storing the OLE object in a long raw column of the database.

[Quoted] In short, I don't have much hope for getting it to work! Neither company is all that interested in its 16-bit products.

[Quoted] There is a white paper available from Oracle that tells how to do DDE commands to dynamically open and manipulate Wordperfect files. We may go that route at our site.

Good luck!
  Mike

[Quoted] David Kaplan <dnkaplan_at_netcom.com> wrote in article <dnkaplanE12sqs.1x8_at_netcom.com>...