Forms 4.5 /OLE container

From: David Kaplan <dnkaplan_at_netcom.com>
Date: 1996/11/18

[Quoted] I am trying to use Wordperfect as the editor for when a long raw database column is doubled clicked on in a form. I would like the contents of the [Quoted] field to be brought up in Wordperfect when the field is navigated to and [Quoted] double clicked on.

I have created an OLE container on the form with the name equal to the base [Quoted] table long raw column.

[Quoted] I have set the OLE class property to 'WPWin6.1'.

I have set the OLE activation style property to 'double-click'.

I have set the forms45_editor in my oracle.ini equal to the path for   Wordperfect (not knowing whether this was entirely necessary).

Besides not getting it to work, I am unclear as to what should happen when [Quoted] I double click in the field that is set up as the OLE container. Should [Quoted] Wordperfect be invoked with the contents of the database column brought up inside as the document being edited.

Keep in mind that this is in a windows 3.1/Forms 4.5 Oracle 7.2 environment.

[Quoted] [Quoted] Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Dave Kaplan
kaplan.david_at_epamail.epa.gov Received on Mon Nov 18 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message