Re: why not mysql revisited

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2017 05:06:07 -0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 07 Apr 2017 06:01:16 +020, Joachim Gann wrote:

+AD4 Hi,
+AD4
+AD4 almost 10 years ago there was a web article +ACI-why not mysql+ACI with an
+AD4 opinion about why to choose a closed source DBMS like oracle over mysql.
+AD4 Do any readers of this ng have an opinion about the situation today?
+AD4 Would anyone consider mysql or mariadb for a business critical purpose?
+AD4 Which attributes would make a difference to you (quality, support,
+AD4 featureset, availability of skill, ...)?
+AD4 Any experience you would share or point me to?
+AD4
+AD4 thanks
+AD4 Joachim

[Quoted] I hope this is not one of those +ACI-which one is better+ACI threads? It all depends on your needs. You would be ill advised to run a huge multi-TB OLTP database with several thousands of concurrent users and 99.99+ACU uptime requirement like Amazon.com or a large bank on MySQL. On the other hand, if you need a help ticket application or small to medium size web [Quoted] site, Oracle may definitely be too expensive. So, the question is what do you need your database for? And another very important question: what color do you need that database to be? I suggest mauve, it takes least RAM.

--
Mladen Gogala
The Oracle Whisperer