Re: Redgate Video about incremental X-plaform backup

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2015 21:44:01 +0000 (UTC)

On Thu, 19 Mar 2015 14:24:50 -0700, joel garry wrote:

> On Thursday, March 19, 2015 at 1:45:49 PM UTC-7, Mladen Gogala wrote:
>
> It is always a bit jarring to hear someone like Tanel who normally is so
> level headed throw out a slap on cdos. That community seems to be
> getting even more insular and insufferable.

I was surprised because I know Tanel personally and never had any problem with him. And I didn't even say anything about his work. There is an old movie about the emergence of Microsoft, with IBM salespeople basically behaving like the Borg from Star Trek. Hopefully, Enkitec and Accenture didn't adopt that culture.
It's very hard to keep people interested in something for more than an hour, it's the span of a full size movie. I checked several of those Redgate videos and they are mostly un-watchable.

> Well, that's ok, I see my oracle-l digest folder getting archived,
> mostly unread. These days I only go online there when search points at
> something specific. Then their ads serve up hot asian girls. I wonder
> why Kellyn supports that? Too bad I can't just ask.
>
> jg

I haven't had any contacts with her, cannot say anything about her personality. She was one of the stone throwers on the group. I have probably said "Jehovah".

--
Mladen Gogala
The Oracle Whisperer