Re: Issues Installing Oracle Developer Suite 10G for the first time on my PC?

From: Peter Schneider <pschneider1968_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 2014 12:02:57 +0100

Am 01.03.2014 10:46, schrieb wE|rd0:
> I am trying to install Oracle Developer Suite 10G for the first time on my PC(purchased the DVD from the market). When i run the setup file, a black command window type appears and its written in white text:

> Checking installer requirements...
>
> Checking operating system version: must be 5.0, 5.1 or 5.2. Actual 6.1
> Failed <<<<
>
> Exiting Oracle Universal Installer, log for this session can be found at C:\Program Files\Oracle\Inventory\logs\installActions2014-03-01_02-34-09PM.log
>
> Please press Enter to exit.
>
> Can somebody tell me how to resolve this issue? I am using Windows 7.
> Is it necessary to install Oracle Db first before installing the Oracle Dev Suite?
>
> The Oracle Dev Suite contains Forms Builder, Report Builder and etc.

I'm not totally sure (long time ago that I used this), but AFAIK DevSuite 10g is only supported upto Windows XP. You might want to check the Oracle OTN website for install prerequisites, minimum/maximum OS version etc.

IIRC, on Windows 7 64 bit it is not working at all, but you can get it to install and run on W7 32bit with some quirks.

On the command line, you can call the setup.exe with the parameter -help and then it will tell you can run it with

setup -ignoreSysPrereqs

and the installation will bypass OS checks. You might want to give that a try and see how it goes.

Regards
Peter

--
Climb the mountain not to plant your flag, but to embrace the challenge,
enjoy the air and behold the view. Climb it so you can see the world,