Re: New Solaris announcement

From: John Hurley <johnthehurley_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2012 15:08:11 -0700 (PDT)

Mladen:

# OK. What about Oracle Linux? Is it at least a good choice? Solaris 11 is obviously the best choice, but will Linux still remain at least a good choice?

Mladen this looks like semi trolling ...

If you went to the 2012 Open World linux sessions ... Oracle is committed to linux. Remember the penguins on stage with Larry? Do I have to post some pics from that event at Moscone West? Why he practically picked up a penguin and ... well use your imagination here ...

Like for example ... CON8729 aka "Why Switch to Oracle Linux" ... hey this is the best platform ... ever ...

If you go to the "other" Open World Solaris sessions ... solaris is the best. Hardware and software together ... you really don't want to do any complicated stuff yourself ... pay oracle to do it all for you ... our cloud or your cloud ...

Not that Oracle is mixing messages at all here ... right?

Bottom line the message is ... hpux is on the way to the bottom ... aix you do not even want to consider ...

Solaris is ( well since we purchased Sun ) back and linux is ... pretty dang good ... but ... well ... *** cough cough *** ... Received on Sun Oct 07 2012 - 00:08:11 CEST

Original text of this message