Re: New Solaris announcement

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2012 21:32:40 +1000

Mladen Gogala wrote,on my timestamp of 6/10/2012 5:54 AM:
> On Fri, 05 Oct 2012 08:48:51 -0700, joel garry wrote:
>
>> Good questions. Lock management came from VMS, and then the big thing
>> was to take it out of the kernel,.
>
> From VMS to Solaris and back. Hopefully, Oracle will not end up as DEC? I
> am not sure that it would be good for Oracle if HP ended up owning them.

I'm surprised there was apparentlly only one new announcement during oow that "there would be no more need for dbas". ADDM every 3 minutes or something, in 12c. As if.
Ah well, looks like the separation of HP from Oracle has at least had one good effect: the imbeciles inside HP who wanted to kill all dbas have now stopped having any relevance with Oracle. And if "Whitman's way" continues, they will lose ALL relevance. A good thing, IMHO. Received on Sat Oct 06 2012 - 13:32:40 CEST

Original text of this message