Re: Oh, lovely!......

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 16:06:01 -0800 (PST)

On Wednesday, March 7, 2012 9:07:04 AM UTC+11, Noons wrote:

Ah well, I thought that was a bit too much... Turns out the problem was caused by something else: for some reason the default connect went via local instead of loopback.

Now I need to find out why. Never ending cycle! I soooo love db upgrades...

Still have to find out why am I getting an "invalid number" on a query on a view that never had an error before.

That one is still open as sev2 and both myself and someone else are staring at the 100053s and going "wtf???"...

Yes, I know about the asktom post on that. Sorry, this is not the same sql.

Basically, I get two totally different plans for the same statement on the same db, depending on where I use optimizer features of 11.1 or 11.2. And one of them uses a character column in an index for an outer predicate that is doing a numeric comparison. Of course it is invalid number!

Not nice, but at least for that one I have an easy workaround: just drop the 11.2 optimizer across the board.

This 11.2 saga is not yet finished. I must have had rocks in my head when I agreed to upgrade the database to that release... Received on Tue Mar 06 2012 - 18:06:01 CST

Original text of this message