while I'm here...

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 16:20:31 -0800 (PST)

.. does anyone have any wisdom/advice on how to migrate an Apex 4.01 installation from 10gr2 db to 11gr2 db?

I'm trying to do a fresh install of a new dictionary and skeleton db, then loading each schema and users from 10gr2 data pump exports.

Apex 4.01 - APEX_040100 schema - refuses point blank to work after I import it. I've tried to install 4.01 in the fresh db, then load just the data. It won't work because of duplicates and triggers.

Then I've tried to just import APEX_040100 to the skeleton db. It completes, but I get no response through the front end modplsql: just returns a "unknown url" - not 404 - message to the browser.

If I install 4.01 only, modplsql and browser work fine but of course no workspaces/apps. Then I have the option of exporting workspaces and apps from Apex in 10g, one by one, and bring them in one by one via Apex's own import. It's a royal pain, but it might work.

Any other options/ideas? I can't find anything on the net on this: I'm already on 4.01 in 10gr2 Oracle, all I need is to bring the underlying db to 11gr2. NO, Mladen: I won't redevelop everything in Django/php/whatever! ;-)

Don't want to do a db upgrade in place: too many left-overs in the dictionary from prior installs/upgrades. I'd rather start with a fresh dictionary and skeleton db and load the schemas and data into it. Besides, it's what's "strongly recommended" in the upgrade guide... Received on Tue Mar 06 2012 - 18:20:31 CST

Original text of this message