RMAN restore 11.2.0.2 not honoring symbolic link

From: Joseph210 <lee210_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2011 14:05:32 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

When we upgraded our database from 11.2.0.1 to 11.2.0.2, we have discoverd that Oracle is not honoring symbolic links--the symbolic links get overwritten directly when there is a media failure, datafiles missing or deleted.

In our environment, we use symbolic links under /oracle/data/SID/dbf to point to /packages/data/dbf ....

Have you encountered this problem and found a simple workaround? We are opening a case with Oracle.

thanks,

Joseph Received on Fri Nov 04 2011 - 16:05:32 CDT

Original text of this message