Re: Btrfs

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 15:05:59 -0700 (PDT)

On Oct 20, 8:28 am, TheBoss <TheB..._at_invalid.nl> wrote:

> As you mentioned Ubuntu, may be GPFS is an option?
>
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/SettingUpGPFSHowTo
>
> For additional info check the Wikipedia- and IBM-links in the article.
> Never used it myself, so ymmv.

One thing I've found with gpfs (in IBM Aix): it uses a default (minimal?) blocksize of 16K. Taking into account the well known bu^H^Hissues Oracle has when blocksize differs from 8K particularly if using any of ASSM or auto-memory management, I'm very reluctant to use gpfs. Not because of the product itself: because of Oracle. Received on Wed Oct 19 2011 - 17:05:59 CDT

Original text of this message