Re: Huge numbers in SYS,AUX_STAT$

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2011 00:20:20 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 07 Sep 2011 17:23:42 -0700, Charles Hooper wrote:

> http://oracle-randolf.blogspot.com/2011/07/cost-is-time-next-
generation.html

This is very, very interesting! That explains many things. I believe that CBO is undergoing a quiet rewrite, which would explain this stuff with I/ O calibration. The paradigm will change completely, instead of counting the I/O requests, they will simply want to know how much data they need to read and, based on the calibration information, they will estimate the time, without those pesky single and multiple block reads. That will probably be an option for Oracle 12.0.0.0.

--
http://mgogala.byethost5.com