Re: 32 bit Oracle RDBMS on 64 bit OS?

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2011 23:34:35 +0000 (UTC)

On Thu, 08 Sep 2011 15:00:23 -0700, Dan wrote:

> I see from the Oracle certification matrix that they do not certify
> running a 32-bit installation of Oracle database against a 64 bit
> operating system. But does anyone know whether this can be done, would
> it/could it work? I was thinking about running 32 bit 10g standard
> edition on a 64 bit Windows OS (Windows8).
>
> Does anyone have any knowledge on this?
>
> Thanks,
> Dan

It works fine on Linux. I tried it with 10.2.0.5 on RH Linux 4.8, 64 bit, with 32 bit support installed. I really have no clue about Windows. A colleague of mine installed Oracle, I believe it was 11.2, on 64b Windows 7 and he was rather satisfied with performance, but the company that we both worked for went broke last week and I cannot ask him any more. The server is no longer accessible to either of us. He installed 64 bit version, as far as I know.

--
http://mgogala.byethost5.com