Huge numbers in SYS,AUX_STAT$

From: Mladen Gogala <gogala.mladen_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2011 21:16:39 +0000 (UTC)

This is 11.2.0.2 database, with the April PSU applied, on Linux 32bit. These are the numbers I see in SYS.AUX_STATS$:

SQL> select pname,pval1 from sys.aux_stats$   2 where pname like '%READTIM';

PNAME PVAL1

SREADTIM			 90819.71
MREADTIM			72565.924

I thought that these were durations of an average single/multi block reads, expressed in milliseconds. This doesn't work, even in microseconds. Also, SREADTIM is larger than MREADTIM, which I find rather strange. Has anybody noticed that? Did the units change? Should I start playing with DBMS_STATS.SET_SYSTEM_STATS? Ask Tom is busy as usual, impossible to ask question there.

--
http://mgogala.byethost5.com