temporary tables

From: Francogrex <franco_at_grex.org>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 06:52:29 -0700 (PDT)

I have access to a database as read-only (so, I cannot create tables, insert or update values etc)... But I need to search a col with type LONG and since this is not a possibility to search it in a when clause, they suggested I try to convert it to CLOB first. Is there a way that I create a "temporary table" (ex would reside only in PC memory or a local DB on my PC) that is not in the read-only database and do the work on that table (which will not commit anything and will disappear upon closing the session)? Received on Fri Jul 23 2010 - 08:52:29 CDT

Original text of this message