Re: temporary tables

From: francogrex <franco_at_grex.org>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2010 20:06:35 +0200

Mark D Powell wrote:
>Another option if the maximum length of all
the long column values is
>32K or less then you can use pl/sql to select
the long into a pl/sql
>varchar2 variable wihich can hold up to 32K
of data and then use the
>pl/.sql string functions like instr to search
through the long data.

It's a good idea, but wouldn't that require a write-access to the database (the "SELECT INTO" statement)? I don't have that.
Eventually I could SELECT INTO a table in an external database. But I am using ODBC to connect to the ORACLE server and I don't have any local ORACLE database I can select into. Received on Sat Jul 24 2010 - 13:06:35 CDT

Original text of this message