HELP - corrupted test scheme - V 8.05

From: Julie Warden <julie_warden_at_spamonlyhotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 16:39:44 -0400

Group,

We have an orphan application, I set up about 10 years ago. Meanwhile another secretive DBA worked it and modified everything - I'm sure you've seen the type. He's gone, but I've not forgotten.

Here's what I have. The database has 2 schemas: plant and test, each in it's own tablespace. The DBA modified my full backups to do an O/S level backup of the system files and plant tablespace. The database is shutdown, so it's a cold backup.

We had a crash and I restored the database backup - that is the system files and plant schema tablespace file. Now, when I attempt to start the database I get a file corruption notice from the test schema tablespace files.

I don't want to spend much time relearning Oracle, so I was hoping I could just drop the test schema, or force it open.

TIA,
Julie Received on Sun Jul 12 2009 - 15:39:44 CDT

Original text of this message