Re: HELP - corrupted test scheme - V 8.05

From: ddf <oratune_at_msn.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 14:57:48 -0700 (PDT)

On Jul 12, 3:39 pm, Julie Warden <julie_war..._at_spamonlyhotmail.com> wrote:
> Group,
>
> We have an orphan application, I set up about 10 years ago. Meanwhile
> another secretive DBA worked it and modified everything - I'm sure
> you've seen the type. He's gone, but I've not forgotten.
>
> Here's what I have. The database has 2 schemas: plant and test, each
> in it's own tablespace. The DBA modified my full backups to do an O/S
> level backup of the system files and plant tablespace. The database is
> shutdown, so it's a cold backup.
>
> We had a crash and I restored the database backup - that is the system
> files and plant schema tablespace file. Now, when I attempt to start
> the database I get a file corruption notice from the test schema
> tablespace files.
>
> I don't want to spend much time relearning Oracle, so I was hoping I
> could just drop the test schema, or force it open.
>
> TIA,
> Julie

If you can get the database mounted I *think* you can drop the offending tablespace in 8.0.5 (it's been years since I've administered any release that old). Once dropped you should be able to open the database.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Sun Jul 12 2009 - 16:57:48 CDT

Original text of this message