Re: HELP - corrupted test scheme - V 8.05

From: Julie Warden <julie_warden_at_spamonlyhotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 15:58:43 -0400

On Mon, 13 Jul 2009 05:06:55 -0700 (PDT), John Hurley <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>On Jul 12, 6:30 pm, Palooka <nob..._at_nowhere.com> wrote:
>
>snip
>
>Someone suggested trying this ...
>
>> Is the data important?
>> 1) Backup
>> 2) Startup mount
>> 3) Drop tablespace test
>> 4) Alter database open
>
>One option is to substitute for 4 a recover database until cancel
>using backup controlfile ... then apply archive logs ( if you have
>them ) ... then do an alter database open resetlogs ... followed by
>another backup.

I do not need the data, just want it and the files gone now.

Cannot do step 3, get:
ORA-01109: database not open

If I could have dropped the schema - I did try the drop tablespace before I posted these requests.

I figured there must be a way to force the database open so I could get to the tablespaces and schemas.

As the coupe de grace, I didn't backup the files I corrupted, so I look like an infant DBA with 15 years experience.

Thanks for trying,
Julie. Received on Mon Jul 13 2009 - 14:58:43 CDT

Original text of this message