Open source reporting engine

From: Mladen Gogala <mladen_at_bogus.email.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 18:28:56 +0000 (UTC)

I've been perfectly content with using practical extraction and reporting language for years but now I've been asked to recommend an open source reporting engine with a gooey interface (or GUI, the pronunciation is the same), preferably running on Linux so I'm forced to ask the question here. What is everybody else running? I looked into Agata Reports and that seems kind of old and unsupported and I looked into Jasper reports but not being a big fan of Java, I am not sure what to think about that. Does anyone know of any open source reporting engine and what do you recommend?
--
http://mgogala.freehostia.com