Re: Busty Laptest

From: Palooka <nobody_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 21:34:47 +0100

joel garry wrote:
> On Apr 24, 12:31 pm, "Preston" <dontwant..._at_nowhere.invalid> wrote:
>> ddf wrote:
>> For fuck's sake David, will you pack it in? Most usenet servers delete
>> this shit at source, so most of us are blissfully unaware of it until
>> *you* quote it; which makes you the biggest spammer here. If you can't
>> be bothered to use a proper usenet provider then that's your problem -
>> stop inflicting it on the rest of us.
>>
>> --
>> Preston.

> How come everyone is jumping on David all of a sudden? Those of us
> using google are not blissfully unaware, we don't have killfiles, if
> you aren't using google and you don't like him can't you killfile him?
>
> What makes you think most servers delete this stuff? Usenet servers
> just push spam right along. Email may be different at endpoints, but
> is still mostly spam in storage and transit.

Well, it is of course David's prerogative to reply to the junk as he wishes. I will not killfile David, since his other contributions are useful (and some of his anti-spam replies are funny too).

But I too wish he would cease and desist. If you have to use Google groups or some other web based email reader, that's too bad. But I use a newsreader (as I suspect many do), and have simply killfiled all of gmail.com, due to the excessive amount of spam.

So, a polite request to David: please do stop responding.

Thanks,
Palooka Received on Fri Apr 24 2009 - 15:34:47 CDT

Original text of this message