Re: Busty Laptest

From: Preston <dontwantany_at_nowhere.invalid>
Date: 24 Apr 2009 20:23:21 GMT

joel garry wrote:

> On Apr 24, 12:31 pm, "Preston" <dontwant..._at_nowhere.invalid> wrote:
> > ddf wrote:

> > For fuck's sake David, will you pack it in? Most usenet servers
> > delete this shit at source, so most of us are blissfully unaware of
> > it until you quote it; which makes you the biggest spammer here. If
> > you can't be bothered to use a proper usenet provider then that's
> > your problem - stop inflicting it on the rest of us.
> >
> > --
> > Preston.
>
> How come everyone is jumping on David all of a sudden?

Because he's being a bit of an idiot.

> Those of us
> using google are not blissfully unaware

Like I said, if you're using Google that's your choice - why do the rest of us have to suffer?

> we don't have killfiles, if
> you aren't using google and you don't like him can't you killfile him?

I thought I'd try the education approach first, as I assumed he just doesn't realise that he's the only reason lots of people ever know about the spam.

> What makes you think most servers delete this stuff? Usenet servers
> just push spam right along.

No, they don't. Individual.net (probably the most widely used non-ISP service) kills most of it, as does Motzarella. I didn't see any of the original messages that David keeps replying to, & neither will anyone else using Individual.net or any of the usenet servers that process cancel messages.

--
Preston.