Re: Parallel hint

From: raja <dextersunil_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 20:43:44 -0800 (PST)

Sorry that i have missed to mention the oracle version, its 10gR1.

Yes, i am doing an insert. when i checked in toad session browser, it shows that the insert query has parallel process-es p00-p007. If i check the execution plan, even if i force degree 4 or degree 8, the plan is same.
I will check the v$pq_stat view after running insert and get back to you.

Other observations are :
1. when i run the same insert outside the package, its taking p00- p031, its showing the same parallelism even though i altered the table with noparallel, also i tried to force noparallel hint. 2. If i run inside the package, its taking p00-p007.

I feel that inside the procedure, the execute immediate for altering session with DML hasn't worked, but this is impossible.

I cant understand this ??? Please help.

With Regards,
Raja. Received on Sun Feb 15 2009 - 22:43:44 CST

Original text of this message