Parallel hint

From: raja <dextersunil_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 12:14:34 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I have table with parallel degree 4.
I altered the table with parallel degree 8. But the insert query of that table didnt take the parallel process of 8, though i forced the parallel hint with 8. Instead it is taking parallel degree 4.

Note 1 : i also used alter session parallel.... Note 2 : i also took the explain plan of the insert query with parallel degree 4 and 8, there was no difference

Can anyone tel me what could be the reason why the insert statement didnt take the parallel degree 8, though i altered the table with parallel degree 8 and also forced parallel hint with degree 8 ?

With Regards,
Raja. Received on Thu Feb 12 2009 - 14:14:34 CST

Original text of this message