Re: Parallel hint

From: Dion Cho <>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 22:18:21 -0800 (PST)

On 2월16일, 오후1시43분, raja <> wrote:
> Sorry that i have missed to mention the oracle version, its 10gR1.
> Yes, i am doing an insert. when i checked in toad session browser, it
> shows that the insert query has parallel process-es p00-p007.
> If i check the execution plan, even if i force degree 4 or degree 8,
> the plan is same.
> I will check the v$pq_stat view after running insert and get back to
> you.
> Other observations are :
> 1. when i run the same insert outside the package, its taking p00-
> p031, its showing the same parallelism even though i altered the table
> with noparallel, also i tried to force noparallel hint.
> 2. If i run inside the package, its taking p00-p007.
> I feel that inside the procedure, the execute immediate for altering
> session with DML hasn't worked, but this is impossible.
> I cant understand this ??? Please help.
> With Regards,
> Raja.

It's not v$pq_stat, but v$pq_tqstat, like

select dfo_number, tq_id, server_type, process,   num_rows, bytes, avg_latency, waits, timeouts from v$pq_tqstat
order by 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Anyway, with additional infos like execution plan, code template and v $pq_tqstat result, we would bave better discussions.

Dion Cho - Oracle Performance Storyteller (english) (korean)