Re: OEM agent problem ping Ser1(OEM) - > Ser2 -> Ser3(DB)

From: aman.oracle.dba <aman.oracle.dba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 04:50:39 -0700 (PDT)

On Oct 21, 12:17 pm, sybrandb <sybra..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> On 21 okt, 12:57, "aman.oracle.dba" <aman.oracle...._at_gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > hi All,
>
> > I have this strange problem, but anyone please help me in it.
> > I have three server...
> > server1 can ping server2 and server2 can ping and connect on server3..
> > now I have OEM grid control installed on server1 and database install
> > on server3..
> > is there any way I can monitor server3 with grid control.
>
> > Thanks
> > Steve
>
> The question is irrelevant as 'ping' uses a specific TCP/IP port,
> which Grid Control doesn't use.
> So it is quite possible you are unable to ping the server, and are
> able to access it, because relevant ports are open and the ping port
> isn't.
> Obviously when the relevant ports can't be accessed directly by
> server1, you won't be able to monitor the database server from server1
> directly.
> telnet server3 <port number> and telnet <server1> portnumber in some
> cases should be able to tell you that.
> The only way out is to install an extra Oracle Management Server on
> Server2, and the OEM repository on Server1.
> In that case the relevant ports should be open between server2 and
> server3.
> Now, as I don't know the port numbers by heart, this question ends up
> with you reading.... TADA... the one thing you tried to avoid: THE
> DOCUMENTATION.
>
> --
> Sybrand Bakker
> Senior Oracle DBA

Thanks for reply Sybrand..
But I did find how to work in a simple scenario in the documentation. Can u please advice anything else in my scenario, because i didn't find anything related to this in the documentation. Once again .. I do have port open on ser3 for ser2 and on ser2 for ser1. Link is there, but I am not getting how to use it. Received on Tue Oct 21 2008 - 06:50:39 CDT

Original text of this message