Re: 10G Grid Control - Extracting Metric Data

From: joel garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 11:19:19 -0700 (PDT)

On Jul 17, 8:42 am, Johne_uk <edg..._at_tiscali.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've recently installed Oracle Grid control 10G to monitor a number of
> db instances which is working well.
>
> My manager is currently setting up a system that will include various
> Key Performance Inidcators for oracle based systems e.g. uptime etc.
>
> He's requesting whether I can provide the raw data for these metrics
> in a spreadsheet so he can manipulate the data himself. I've looked at
> the standard reports in Grid and everything seems to be geared towards
> on-screen graphs etc.
>
> I'm not overly enthused about using sql directly to interrogate the
> apps dba itself, so wondering if anywbody has come across any other
> means to extract metric data directly in tabular form.
>
> Thanks in anticipation
> John

Stuff like this may be found in the manuals, for example http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14211/autostat.htm#PFGRF02606 http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14211/diagnsis.htm#sthref339 (note the views!)

Poking around in the $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/admin directory can be educational, too. I haven't looked at using EM to look at what EM is doing, but I bet you can do that.

sqlplus makes it easy to set the separator to a comma.

But I think the pictures in EM are pretty.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
And of course, I was running EM under firefox on hp-ux accessed via