Re: create database fatal error

From: <sybrandb_at_hccnet.nl>
Date: Sun, 06 Jul 2008 09:43:38 +0200

On Sun, 06 Jul 2008 02:00:31 +0200, Tommy Halsbrekk <tommy_at_dummy.no> wrote:

>Thinking of it I will give it another go.
>
>sybrandb_at_hccnet.nl wrote:
>> "I revised the statment with larger numbers but I still get the same
>> error message. I thought "size 500M" at the end of the system01.dbf
>> was
>> the correct place to fix the problem, but I was mistaken. Any info is
>> highly appreciated."
>>
>> This assertion simply can't be true.
>
>Explain why it cant be true and we might get somewhere.'

Let's assume (again I can't look over your shoulder), you changed 100M into 500M and changed nothing else. You also didn't remove the failed database.
In that your script would try to overwrite system01.dbf with a file of a different sze. This would have resulted in error. A DIFFERENT error. So if you really proceeded as stated, 'the same error again' can't be true.

>> As I can't look over your shoulder, you state two completely different
>> scripts are identical, no help is possible.
>
>First off all, that is not relevant. Secondly, I have never said they
>where identical. I have tried to point you in the right direction of the
>relevant changes and questions. But for some reason you refuse to answer
>a simple question. Instead you focus on other syntactic and semantic
>issues you come across which have no bearing on my problem.
>
>The only thing that is relevant is if "size 500M" is the correct
>solution to the tablespace problem and if not what is the right way.
>
>> If you can't be bothered to provide information,
>
>Thats because I cant read your mind, so I dont know what you need to
>know to answer the question I am insterrested in. All the statements or
>questions you
>
>regards
>
>tommy

This is the last time I will respond. If you don't post to anything sensible, but instead insist on posting fully unjustified insults using your nick 'Jorge Corvazar', I will have to PLONK both you and Jorge Corvazar'. I am actually trying to help.

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA