Re: create database fatal error

From: Tommy Halsbrekk <tommy_at_dummy.no>
Date: Sun, 06 Jul 2008 10:57:15 +0200

Now we are getting somehwere.

sybrandb_at_hccnet.nl wrote:
> Let's assume (again I can't look over your shoulder), you changed 100M
> into 500M and changed nothing else. You also didn't remove the failed
> database.
> In that your script would try to overwrite system01.dbf with a file of
> a different sze. This would have resulted in error. A DIFFERENT error.
> So if you really proceeded as stated, 'the same error again' can't be
> true.

The first post I did contained all the info needed, including, for context, a perl script which controls part of the db creation. In that script a new database location is created for every time the script is run. So there are no old files lying around interfering with the execution. I made two changes to the script, as far as i can remember, the sizes and the "extent managment local" line.

Before I repleid I searched, read and tried different thing, but they all produce the same error at the same point in the script. So since I am not a dba, but a systems developer and I dont know that much about oracle, I ask for help.

In my mind, the SYSTEM tablespace is special, somehow, and needs special attention, or at least special commands. I find very little information about the SYSTEM tablespace, but I find lots of information about tablespaces in general which pertains to user tablespaces.

So my reasoning is that increasing the size of the tablespace is done in the CREATE DATABASE statement, either in the actual statement or in the parameter file. I tried that approach, (except for the parameter file, because I just thought of it (and the machine is at work, so nbot available)), but it did not produce the wanted results. So I am basically doing something wrong, but I am unable to see what that would be. For further reply, see my recent post to Arch.

regards

tommy Received on Sun Jul 06 2008 - 03:57:15 CDT

Original text of this message