Re: ORA-03135: connection lost contact

From: Dereck L. Dietz <dietzdl_at_ameritech.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 10:39:48 -0400

"vijay" <vksinghbhu_at_gmail.com> wrote in message news:85462944-39ae-49b4-a148-ac284e4416ef_at_a9g2000prl.googlegroups.com... OS – Windows 2003 server
Database – Oracle Database 10g Standard edition version one

Hi,

I have installed oracle database on machine M1 and on second machine M2 installed oracle client.

Created one service on M2 pointing to Oracle database on M1. Started SQL*Plus UI on machine M2.

Executed some query on SQL*Plus UI on M2 which return result successfully.

SQL*Plus UI remain opened on machine M2 for 2 hours. After that when I executed same query, SQL*Plus report error "ORA-03135: connection lost contact".

This problem occurs frequently. My problem is that why I am getting error "ORA-03135: connection lost contact” when I kept open SQL*Plus UI for two hours.

It will be great if some one help me to resolve issue.

Thanks in advance,

Vijay Singh

We had a similar problem where I work. I don't have the details but it turned out to be a firewall issue that was timing processes (either inactive or long-running) after two hours. Received on Sat Jun 21 2008 - 09:39:48 CDT

Original text of this message