ORA-03135: connection lost contact

From: vijay <vksinghbhu_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 22:37:02 -0700 (PDT)

OS – Windows 2003 server
Database – Oracle Database 10g Standard edition version one

Hi,

I have installed oracle database on machine M1 and on second machine M2 installed oracle client.

Created one service on M2 pointing to Oracle database on M1. Started SQL*Plus UI on machine M2.

Executed some query on SQL*Plus UI on M2 which return result successfully.

SQL*Plus UI remain opened on machine M2 for 2 hours. After that when I executed same query, SQL*Plus report error "ORA-03135: connection lost contact".

This problem occurs frequently. My problem is that why I am getting error "ORA-03135: connection lost contact” when I kept open SQL*Plus UI for two hours.

It will be great if some one help me to resolve issue.

Thanks in advance,

Vijay Singh Received on Wed Jun 18 2008 - 00:37:02 CDT

Original text of this message