Re: Crossing over from SQL Server

From: <euan.garden_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2008 20:10:49 -0700 (PDT)

> SQL Server
> -----------------
> Well we all know how this came about don't we so need to dredge up the dirt.

You know Daniel you continue to disapoint. The fact that you are teaching cross-over courses and yet still peddling this stuff is tragic. We've had this many times, yes a version of Sybase was based on the Ingres project and a version(actually set of versions) of SQL Server was based on Sybase but I once again refer you to this entry which explains the re-architecture work done starting with SQL 7 that makes this linking of yours beyond even tenous.

http://blogs.msdn.com/euanga/archive/2006/01/19/514479.aspx

Of course the tragic part in this particular thread is that original poster received very sound advice from everyone here, including you, without flaming/stupidity, right up to this whole history part of the thread.

-Euan
(Apologies if this is a double post I'm having weird timout issues) Received on Thu Jun 12 2008 - 22:10:49 CDT

Original text of this message